Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: Motorcycle dealers in chandigarh

I have owned a pulsar 150 for 3 years now, buying it and getting it serviced had brought me in contact with the 2 motorcycle dealers for bajaj in the region, here are the insights.


1. HIND BAJAJ
The place is a disaster, just like hind tata, its worse than a government office, the haryanvi manager is totally incompetent to manage even a rehri what to speak of a whole dealership. Nothing gets done on time or upto your satisfaction, everything tends to hit roadblocks. People with silly contacts with silly insiders get their job done while others wait and curse.
I had to get the official services done from an authorized dealer, so i did not have much of a choice.
Their mohali office is even more damaged. You can't be sure at all if your bike will come out from there repaired or even more damaged than before, the workers are complete nuts. I once faced a problem with the starter, he set my idle RPM at 4000 so that it started easily.

VERDICT: NO CHOICE, AT ALL, OTHERWISE I WOULD NEVER EVEN LOOK TOWARDS THIS MESS.

2. PRATAP AUTO
I don't have much experience with pratap auto, although my first and last was enough to make me never go there again.
I had to get the bike serviced and was fed up of Hind, went to pratap, its like a slum, really, with strange entrances and exits from filthy places. I parked my bike where i thought someone would come to take it for service, the guy came, let me explain his look to you. He was the sort of guy who will not be hired by even a rikshaw puller, has no competence in anything but will have the air of the maharaja of hydrabad.
Anyway i waited, that guy came and went taking other bikes inside, some of which came after me, after shaking a hand or two with the owners, pure govt office work. I started my bike and left.

VERDICT: WORSE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.

3. BHAKRA BAJAJ NANGAL
So, recently when i was in nangal my bike started leaking fuel from the petrol T and wouldn't start, i had no other option except taking it to the nearest service center because in my experience local mechanics usually multiply the problem rather than fixing it.
The place is good with an AC waiting area for customers but the best part is that no one pulls your shirt if you want to stay with your bike and see it serviced. Its not huge but sufficient.
I had certain problems there as well. Firstly, their philosophy is "change everything that has even a remote relation to the problem". The simplest solution was to just change the T, but they changed the spark plugs and the air filter. They were forcing me to change the battery as well even though it was working fine. The chain set was also bothering them a lot. I don't mind changing worn out parts from my bike but they were excessive.
Secondly and most importantly, while cleaning the carb, which i have no idea why he was doing, the mechanic lost its needle. The needle is a very small thing that plays a vital role in the carburetor, and its costly. The other mechanic while sounding all concerned about it starts playing me that it was faulty and should be replaced. I didn't say much and let them find it, which they did finally. When i was paying the bill i saw that the price of the needle, all 169 of it, was billed to me, i told them that i did not buy one and then it was cut out.
The problem here is that their staff misplaced the needle and i was told to pay for it, although they found it and the situation never got to that, but i am sure had that happened they would have happily told me to pay for it and get lost, which sucks.
I wanted to buy the type of petrol T that can be locked, so i asked them to get one for me, they told me its not available at the center but they can get it from outside, i said fine, they took the money and bought one, 140 they told me the price. After the service my friend told me you can get one for 110, without bargaining. Never mind. Later i find out that the system of the T is such that i can't just leave it on ON and take the key back, every time i have to get the key i need to turn it to off, which is not so clever. So not only did i pay more, i paid more for an inferior product.

VERDICT: NOT GOOD, IF YOU ARE CARELESS ENOUGH THEY MIGHT TELL YOU YOUR BIKE IS LOST AND MAKE YOU BUY A NEW ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment